1. Currently-executed typical operation tasks are described for each "Operation Examples" and "Overview of Operations" whereby these become guides for the Operation Category. For operation tasks other than those above, they must be categorized into the most-similar operation type to pursue industrial health controls.
2. Simple input type refers to an operation of mechanically inputting data of the documents, slips, manuscripts, etc., that have already been prepared.
3. Binding type refers to an operation by which the operator is bound to be at his/her desk for a certain time and finds it difficult to rise from a desk, such as order taking, reservations, checks, etc., at call centers.
4. Interactive type refers to an operation by which text, tables, etc., are created based on the operator's own idea, which excludes simple input operation.
5. Technical type refers to an operation of creation, designing or drawing of a program through the use of a computer via the operator's skill. Where mechanical input is mainly carried out for CAD tasks, whereby operation must be classified into simple input type.
6. Monitoring type refers to an operation that requires monitoring of items, images, etc., displayed on the display screen, such as traffic monitoring operations etc.
7. Other types refer to various operations that require operation of display-furnished equipment, such as operation of personal digital assistants and diagnostic imaging examinations.
8. Monitoring operation, operation of personal digital assistants, diagnostic imaging examinations and other operations through the use of display-furnished equipment are often carried out at places other than offices. Even in such cases, it is preferable to administer industrial health controls according to the guideline whenever possible.
9. With regard to Operation Category, where one operator conducts 2 or more types of operations, judgment must be made for which an Operation Category total time of each operation time applies.Where one operator conducts 2 or more types of operations that have different operation times to determine Operation Category, such as "simple input type" and "interactive type," judgment must be made by adopting the type of operation through the greater operation time.
10. Where VDT operations time per day changes according to season, an average value must be calculated and judgment must be made for which an Operation Category average time applies.