JICOSH was closed in 2008. For further information, please contact JISHA.
Ordinance on Safety of Boilers and Pressure Vessels
|Ministry of Labour Ordinance No.33 of September 30, 1972
|Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Ordinance No. 171 of July 16, 2001
|Chapter V. Small-sized Boilers and Small-sized Pressure Vessels
Article 90-2. The provision of Article 84 shall apply mutatis mutandis to a person who has manufactured or imported a small-sized boiler or a small-sized pressure vessel, or a person who has manufactured a small-sized boiler or a small-sized pressure vessel in a foreign country.
(Report on Installation)
Article 91. When the employer has installed a small-sized boiler, he shall without delay submit a Report on Installation of Small-sized Boiler (Form No.26) together with a construction drawing as provided for by item 1 of paragraph 1 of Article 1 of the Ordinance on Examination of Machines and Other Equipment and a small-sized boiler specification as provided for by item 2 of the same paragraph (limited only to the one which has been affixed with a seal indicating the fact of having passed the examination in accordance with the provision of Article 4 of the same Ordinance), and a drawing showing the surrounding of the place where the said small-sized boiler is to be installed to the Chief of the competent Labour Standards Inspection Office.
Article 92. The employer shall, where he is to engage workers in the operation of a small-sized boiler, conduct special education for the safety concerning the said operation of the workers concerned.
2. The special education as provided for by the preceding paragraph shall he conducted on the following subjects:
(1) Knowledge of the construction of boilers.
(2) Knowledge of fittings of boilers.
(3) Knowledge of fuel and combustion.
(4) Related laws and ordinances.
(5) Operation and maintenance of small-sized boilers.
(6) Inspection of small-sized boilers.
3. Besides the matters prescribed by Article 37 and 38 of the Safety and Health Ordinance and the preceding two Articles, necessary matters in implementing the
special education as provided for by paragraph 1 shall be set forth the
Minister of Health, Labour and Welfare.
(Adjustment of Safety Valve)
Article 93. The employer shall adjust the safety valve of a small-sized boiler or a small-sized pressure vessel to let it operate at a pressure of 0.1 megapascals (for the small-sized boiler described in (e) of item 4 of Article 1 of the Cabinet Order and the small-sized pressure vessel described in (b) of item 6 of the same Article, at the maximum working pressure) or lower.
(Periodical Voluntary Inspection)
Article 94. With regard to a small-sized boiler or small-sized pressure vessel, the employer shall implement voluntary inspection, periodically, and at least once for every period not exceeding one year after the commencement of operation, on the following matters, provided that this provision shall not apply to a non-use period of small-sized boilers or small-sized pressure vessels which are not used for a period exceeding one year:
(1) For a small-sized boiler, existence of damage or abnormality in the boiler itself, burning apparatus, automatic control systems and fittings.
(2) For a small-sized pressure vessel, existence of damage or wear in the pressure vessel itself, locking bolts of cover plate, tubes or valves.
2. With regard to the small-sized boilers or small-sized pressure vessels described in the provision of the preceding paragraph, the employer shall, before the resumption of use, implement voluntary inspection on the matters as described in each item of the same paragraph.
3. When having implemented the voluntary inspections set forth by the preceding two paragraphs, the employer shall record their results and preserve such records for three years.
Article 95. In the event that any abnormality has been found as the result of the voluntary inspection as set forth by paragraph 1 or 2 of the preceding Article, the employer shall take necessary measures as repairs, etc.
Article 96. Deleted.