|JICOSH was closed in 2008. For further information, please contact JISHA.
Industrial Safety and Health Law
Law No. 57 of June 8, 1972
Law No. 25 of May 31, 2006
Chapter VII-2. Measures for Creating a Comfortable Work Environment
Article 71-2. (Measures to Be Taken by Employers)
- The employer shall endeavor to create a comfortable working environment in order to improve the level of safety and health in the workplace by taking continuous and systematic measures as follows:
- (i) Measures to manage the maintenance of a comfortable working environment
- (ii) Measures to improve work practices engaged in by workers
- (iii) Establishment or maintenance of facilities or equipment to refresh workers' fatigue suffered in the course of their work
- (iv) In addition to the matters listed in preceding three items, necessary measures to create a comfortable working environment.
Article 71-3. (Publication of Guidelines for the Creation of Comfortable Working Environment)
- (1) The Minister of Health, Labor and Welfare is to publish the necessary guidelines for the appropriate and effective implementation of the measures to be taken by employers for the creation of a comfortable working environment prescribed in the preceding article.
- (2) The Minister of Health, Labor and Welfare may give necessary guidance to employers or their organizations under the guidelines in the preceding paragraph.
Article 71-4. (State Assistance)
- In order to contribute to the appropriate and effective implementation of the measures to be taken by the employer and to create a comfortable working environment, the state shall endeavor to take financial measures, offer technical advice, and provide information and other necessary assistance.