|JICOSH was closed in 2008. For further information, please contact JISHA.
Enforcement Order of the Industrial Safety and Health Act
Cabinet Order No. 318, August 19, 1972
Cabinet Order No. 331. Oct 20, 2006
Article 12 (Specified Machines, etc.)
- (1) Machines, etc. specified by the Cabinet Order set forth in paragraph (1) of Article 37 of the Act (excluding the case that they are clear not for domestic use) shall be the machines, etc. listed in followings:
- (i) Boilers (excluding small-sized boilers, boilers used on ships subject to the Ship Safety Act, and boilers subject to the Electric Utility Act (Act No. 170 of 1964.));
- (ii) Class-1 pressure vessels (excluding small-sized pressure vessels, pressure vessels used on ships subject to the Ship Safety Act and also of the pressure vessels subject to the Electric Utility Act, the High Pressure Gas Safety Act (Act No. 204 of 1951), the Gas Utility Act (Act No. 51 of 1954) or Act on the Securing of Safety and the Optimization of Transaction of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (Act No. 149 of 1967.));
- (iii) Cranes with a lifting capacity of 3 tons or more (for stacker cranes,1 ton or more );
- (iv) Mobile cranes with a lifting capacity of 3 tons or more;
- (v) Derricks with a lifting capacity of 2 tons or more;
- (vi) Elevators with a loading capacity (meaning the maximum load (including persons or cargo) which can be lifted by the elevators (excluding light capacity lifts and construction lifts, hereinafter the same), light capacity lifts or construction lifts, corresponding to their structures and materials, hereinafter the same) of 1 ton or more;
- (vii) Construction lifts (excluding those lifts having a loading capacity less than 0.25 ton, this also applys item (xviii) of paragraph (3) of the next Article) with a guide rail (raising /lowering shaft in the case of lifts having such shaft, this also applys item (xviii) of paragraph (3) of the next Article) with the height of 18 m or more;
- (viii) Gondolas.
- (2)The pressure vessels prescribed by the Cabinet Order set forth in item (2) in Appended Table 1 of the Act shall be the class-1 pressure vessels.