|JICOSH was closed in 2008. For further information, please contact JISHA.
Enforcement Order of the Industrial Safety and Health Act
Cabinet Order No. 318, August 19, 1972
Cabinet Order No. 331. Oct 20, 2006
Article 14-2 (Machines, etc. Subject to Undergo Type Examination)
- The machines, etc. designated by the Cabinet Order set forth in paragraph (1) of Article 44-2 of the Act (excluding those which are clear not for domestic use.) shall be the machines, etc. listed in followings:
- (i) Among the emergency stopped devices of rolling mills for kneading rubber, rubber compounds or synthetic resin, the one having braking mechanism other than electrical one;
- (ii) Safety devices for press machine and shearing machine;
- (iii) Explosion proof electric apparatuses (excluding those used on ships subject to the Ship Safety Act);
- (iv) Overload preventive devices for cranes or mobile cranes;
- (v) Dust respirators (limited to those with filters and disc face plates);
- (vi) Gas masks (limited to those for the halogen gas, organic gases, or other gases prescribed by the Ordinance of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare.
- (vii)Mobile contact preventive devices for teeth of wood working circular saw;
- (viii) Among powered press machines, the one having the mechanism to prevent the danger due to slide;
- (ix) Automatic electric shock preventive devices for AC arc-weldingequipment;
- (x) Personnel insulating protective equipment (limited to those applicable to live circuits with DC voltage exceeding 750 V, or AC voltage exceeding 300 V.);
- (xi) Insulating devices (limited to those applicable to live circuits with DC voltage exceeding 750 V, or AC voltage exceeding 300 V);
- (xii) Safety helmets (limited to those for protecting workers from flying or falling objects or from danger due to falls).