|JICOSH was closed in 2008. For further information, please contact JISHA.
Enforcement Order of the Industrial Safety and Health Act
Cabinet Order No. 318, August 19, 1972
Cabinet Order No. 331. Oct 20, 2006
Article 16 (Harmful Substances, etc., Prohibited for Manufacturing, etc.)
- (1) The substances as provided for by the Cabinet Order set forth in Article 55 of the Act shall be as follows:
- (i) Yellow phosphorus matches;
- (ii) Benzidine and its salts;
- (iii) 4-aminodiphenyl and its salts;
- (iv) Asbestos;
- (v) 4-nitrodiphenol and its salts;
- (vi) Bis (chloromethyl) ether;
- (vii) Beta-naphthylamine and its salts;
- (viii) Gum containing benzene, in which the volume of contained benzene exceeds 5 % of the solvent (including diluents) of the said gum;
- (ix) The preparations and other substances containing the substances listed in items (ii), (iii) or (v) to (vii) exceeding 1 % of the weight of the said preparations and other substances, or containing the substances listed in item (iv) exceeding 0.1% of the weight of the said preparations and other substances.
- (2)The requirements prescribed by the Cabinet Order set forth in the proviso of Article 55 of the Act shall be as follows:
- (i) In advance to obtain the permission of manufacturing, import or use by the Director of the Prefectural Labour Bureau as provided for by the Ordinance of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. In this case, for the import of the substances subject to obtain an import quota pursuant to the provision of paragraph (1) of Article 9 of the Import Trade Control Order (Cabinet Order No. 414 of 1949), import quota certificate set forth in the said paragraph shall be submitted;
- (ii) To manufacture or use in compliance with the standards prescribed by the Minister of Health, Labour and Welfare.