|JICOSH was closed in 2008. For further information, please contact JISHA.
Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health
Ministry of Labour Ordinance No. 32 of September 30, 1972
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Ordinance No. 47 of March 30, 2007
Part III Health Standards
Chapter II Personal Protective Equipment, etc.
Article 593 (Respiratory Protective Equipment, etc.)
- (1) The employer shall, in the work in extremely hot or cold places, work handling a large quantity of high-temperature or low-temperature or harmful substances, work exposed to harmful light, work in places exuding gas, vapor or dust, work threatened with extreme contamination with pathogens and other harmful work, provide suitable personal protective equipment such as protective clothes, eye protector and respiratory protective equipment in order to have workers engaging in the said work use them.
Article 594 (Personal Protective Equipment to Prevent Skin Complaint)
- (1) The employer shall, in the work handling substances harmful to skin or work in which harmful substances is liable to be absorbed through skin or penetrate into the body through the skin to cause poisoning or contagion, provide the suitable personal protective equipment such plasters, anti-penetration clothes, gloves, footgear, etc., in order to have workers engaging in the said works use them.
Article 595 (Personal Protective Equipment for Preventing Disorder from Noise)
- (1) The employer shall, in the work carried out at the place sending extreme noise, provide earplugs or other personal protective equipment in order to have the worker engaging the said work use them.
- (2) The employer shall, when having instructed workers engaging in work set forth in the preceding paragraph to use earplugs or other protective equipment, without delay, display the instruction to use the said protective equipment in a readily visible place so that workers engaging in work are readily aware of it.
Article 596 (Quantity of Personal Protective Equipment, etc.)
- (1) The employer shall, as regards the personal protective equipment prescribed by the preceding three Articles, ensure that the same number of pieces of protective equipment as the number of the workers concerned or more is provided and maintained in workable condition and clean at all time.
Article 597 (Workers' Obligation to Use Personal Protective Equipment)
- (1) The worker engaging in the work prescribed by Article 593 to 595 shall, when having been instructed to use personal protective equipment necessary for the said work by the employer, use the said personal protective equipment.
Article 598 (Personal Protective Equipment for Personal Use, etc.)
- (1) The employer shall, when it is liable to cause contagion of any disease to the worker due to use of personal protective equipment or tools , provide the workers concerned with personal protective equipment or tools for their personal use or take measures to prevent such contagion of disease.
Article 599 (Deleted)