|JICOSH was closed in 2008. For further information, please contact JISHA.
Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health
Ministry of Labour Ordinance No. 32 of September 30, 1972
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Ordinance No. 47 of March 30, 2007
Part III Health Standards
Chapter III Cubic Volume of Air and Ventilation
Article 600 (Air Volume)
- (1) The employer shall secure the air volume per a worker at a indoor workshop where workers are regularly engaged in work, excluding the volume occupied by the facilities and part of the space that is exceeding 4 m high above the floor surface, by 10 m3 or more.
Article 601 (Ventilation)
- (1) The employer shall, in an indoor workshop where workers are regularly engaged in work, ensure that the total area of the windows and other openings that can be opened directly to the open air is one-twentieth or more of the floor area at all times. However, this shall not apply to the case the indoor workshop is provided with facilities capable of sufficientventilation.
- (2) The employer shall, when the atmospheric temperature of the indoor workshop in the preceding Article is 10°C or lower, ensure that workers are not exposed to an air current of 1 m/sec or more in the process of ventilation.
Article 602 (Ventilation System in a Pit)
- (1) The employer shall provide the workshop with a ventilation system in order to supply enough air to a workshop in a pit for hygienic purposes. However, this shall not apply to the said workshop where the sufficient air supply is made by natural ventilation.
Article 603 (Measurement of Ventilation Volume in a Pit)
- (1) The employer shall, as regards a workshop in pit set forth in item (iii) of Article 589, measure ventilation volume in the said workshop, periodically once every period within half month.
- (2) The provisions of paragraph (2) of Article 590 shall apply mutatis mutandis to the case measurements pursuant to the provision of the preceding paragraph have been carried out.