|JICOSH was closed in 2008. For further information, please contact JISHA.
Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health
Ministry of Labour Ordinance No. 32 of September 30, 1972
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Ordinance No. 47 of March 30, 2007
Part III Health Standards
Chapter VI Rest
Article 613 (Rest Facilities)
- (1) The employer shall endeavor to provide workers with rest facilities, which they can effectively use.
Article 614 (Rest Facilities in a Harmful Workshop)
- (1) The employer shall, in workshops having extremely hot, cold or humid condition, workshop where exude harmful gas, vapor or dust, or any other harmful workshops, provide rest facilities outside such harmful workshops. However, this shall not apply to under unavoidable circumstances of special workshops such as work in a pit, etc.
Article 615 (Chair for Standing Works)
- (1) The employer shall, when workers engaged in work with continuous standing postures have frequent chances to sit, provide them with suitable chairs available for the said workers.
Article 616 (Facilities for Sleeping or a Nap)
- (1) The employer shall, when it is necessary to give workers time for sleeping at night or when workers are given time for taking a nap while working, provide them with suitable sleeping separate facilities for men and women.
- (2) The employer shall provide the bedding and other necessities and take the preventive measures against the spread of infectious diseases in the place set forth in the preceding paragraph.
Article 617 (Measures Concerning Sweating Work)
- (1) The employer shall, in workshops where cause workers to sweat a great deal, provide them with salt and water.
Article 618 (Resting Room, etc.)
- (1) The employer shall, when regularly employing 50 workers or more, or 30 female workers or more, provide them with separate resting rooms or resting facilities for men and women.