|JICOSH was closed in 2008. For further information, please contact JISHA.
Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health
Ministry of Labour Ordinance No. 32 of September 30, 1972
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Ordinance No. 47 of March 30, 2007
Part III Health Standards
Chapter IX First-aid Kit
Article 633 (First-aid Kit)
- (1) The employer shall provide a first-aid kit and other materials necessary for the treatment of an injured person, and make the place of the kits and how to use them known to the workers.
- (2) The employer shall keep clean at all times the first-aid kits and other materials set forth in the preceding paragraph.
Article 634 (Articles Contained in a First-aid Kit)
- (1) The employer shall ensure that the first-aid kits and other materials set forth in paragraph (1) of the preceding Article contain the following items at a minimum:
- (i) Medical dressing, tweezers and antiseptic solution.
- (ii) Burn ointment in the case of a workshop where workers handle materials of high temperatures or where workers are liable to get burnt.
- (iii) Tourniquets, splints, stretchers, etc., in the case of a workshop where workers are liable to sustain a serious injury.