|JICOSH was closed in 2008. For further information, please contact JISHA.
The Safety Ordinance for Cranes
(Ordinance of the Ministry of Labour No.34 September 30, 1972)
Chapter II Crane
Section 4 Performance Inspection
Article 40 (Performance Inspection)
- (1) On the performance inspection set forth in paragraph (2) of Article 41 of the Act (hereinafter referred to as "performance inspection") pertaining to a crane, in addition to examining the construction and the function of each part of the crane, the load test shall be performed.
- (2) The provision of paragraph (4) of Article 34 shall apply mutatis mutandis to the load test set forth in the preceding paragraph.
Article 41 (Application, etc., for Performance Inspection)
- (1) A person who intends to undergo the performance inspection for crane (limited to the one carried out by the Chief of the Labour Standards Inspection Office pursuant to the provision of paragraph (1) of Article 53-2 of the Act which is applied mutatis mutandis in Article 53-3 of the Act.) shall submit an application for performance inspection for crane (Form No.11) to the Chief of the competent Labour Standards Inspection Office.
Article 42 (Measures for the Case of Undergoing Performance Inspection)
- (1) The provisions of Article 7 (excluding the provision on the stability test set forth in paragraph (1) of the same Article) shall apply mutatis mutandis to the case of undergoing the performance inspection pertaining to the crane set forth in the preceding Article.
Article 43 (Renewal for Validity Term of Inspection Certificate)
- (1) The registered performance inspection agency (means the registered performance inspection agency prescribed in paragraph (2) of Article 41 of the Act.) shall renew the validity term of the crane inspection certificate as regards the crane, which passed the performance inspection pertaining to crane. In this case, the validity term may be renewed by fixing the term for less than two years, or for over two years and less than three years based on the results of the performance inspection.
Article 43-2 (Application of the Provision in the Case that the Chief of the Labour Standards Inspection Office Carries Out the Performance Inspection Service)
- (1) As regards the application of the provision set forth in the preceding Article in the case that the Chief of the Labour Standards Inspection Office carries out whole or a part of the performance inspection service pertaining to a crane pursuant to the provision of paragraph (1) of Article 53-2 of the Act which is applied mutatis mutandis in Article 53-3 of the Act, the term gthe registered performance inspection agencyh in the preceding Article shall be deemed to be replaced with gthe Chief of the competent Labour Standards Inspection Office or the registered performance inspection agencyh.