|JICOSH was closed in 2008. For further information, please contact JISHA.
The Safety Ordinance for Cranes
(Ordinance of the Ministry of Labour No.34 September 30, 1972)
Chapter V Elevator
Section 4 Performance Inspection
Article 159 (Performance Inspection)
- (1) On the performance inspection pertaining to an elevator, in addition to examining the construction and the function of each part of the elevator, the load test shall be performed.
- (2) The load test set forth in the preceding paragraph shall be done in such manners as performing motions of raising and lowering under the rated speed, while carrying a load with the mass corresponding to the loading capacity at the rated speed.
Article 160 (Application, etc., for Performance inspection)
- (1) A person who intends to undergo the performance inspection (limited to the one carried out by the Chief of the Labour Standards Inspection Office pursuant to the provision of paragraph (1) of Article 53-2 of the Act which is applied mutatis mutandis in Article 53-3 of the Act) shall submit an application for performance inspection for elevator (Form No.11) to the Chief of the competent Labour Standards Inspection Office.
Article 161 (Measures for the Case of Undergoing Performance inspection)
- (1) The provision of Article 142 shall apply mutatis mutandis to the case of undergoing the performance inspection pertaining to the elevator set forth in the preceding Article.
Article 162 (Renewal for Validity Term of Inspection Certificate)
- (1) The registered performance inspection agency shall renew the validity term of the elevator inspection certificate as regard the elevator, which passed the performance inspection pertaining to the elevator. In this case, the validity term may be renewed by fixing the term for less than one year, or for over one year and less than two years based on the results of the performance inspection.
Article 162-2(Application of the Provision in the Case that the Chief of the Labour Standards Inspection Office Carries Out the Performance Inspection Service)
- (1) As regards the application of the provision set forth in the preceding Article in the case that the Chief of the Labour Standards Inspection Office carries out whole or a part of the performance inspection service pertaining to an elevator pursuant to the provision of paragraph (1) of Article 53-2 of the Act which is applied mutatis mutandis in Article 53-3 of the Act, the term gregistered performance inspection agencyh in the same Article shall be deemed to be replaced with gChief of the competent Labour standards Inspection Office or registered performance inspection agencyh.