|JICOSH was closed in 2008. For further information, please contact JISHA.
The Safety Ordinance for Cranes
(Ordinance of the Ministry of Labour No.34 September 30, 1972)
Chapter VI Lift for Construction Work
Section 3 Periodical Self-inspections, etc.
Article 192 (Periodical Self-inspections)
- (1) The employer shall perform self-inspections for a lift for construction work, as to the following matters periodically once every period within one month. However, this shall not apply to the non-use period of the lift for construction work, which is not used for a period of exceeding one month:
- (i) Abnormalities on brakes and clutches;
- (ii) Conditions of setting winches;
- (iii) Damages on wire ropes;
- (iv) Abnormalities on connecting parts of guy ropes;
- (v) Damages on wiring, switches and controllers;
- (vi) Conditions of guide rails.
- (2) The employer shall, as regards a lift for construction work set forth in the proviso of the preceding paragraph, perform the self-inspection as to the matters listed in each item of the same paragraph, before resuming its use.
Article 193 (Checkup before Commencing Work)
- (1) The employer shall, when carrying out the work using a lift for construction work, check up as to the following matters before commencing the work for the day.
- (i) The function of brakes and clutches;
- (ii) The condition of the parts where wire ropes reeve through.
Article 194 (Checkup after Storm, etc.)
- (1) The employer shall, when carrying out the work using a lift for construction work (excluding the one installed underground), after the wind having instantaneous wind velocity of exceeding 30 m/s, or after the earthquake of medium intensity or heavier, check up in advance, abnormalities in each part of the lift for construction work.
Article 195 (Record of Self-inspection, etc.)
- (1) The employer shall record the results of the self-inspections and checkup prescribed in this Section (excluding the checkup set forth in Article 193), and reserve these records for three years.
Article 196 (Repair)
- (1) The employer shall, when any abnormality is found based on the self-inspection or checkup prescribed in this Section, immediately repair.