|JICOSH was closed in 2008. For further information, please contact JISHA.
The Safety Ordinance for Cranes
(Ordinance of the Ministry of Labour No.34 September 30, 1972)
Chapter VIII Sling Work
Section 2 Limitation on Placement
Article 221 (Limitation on Placement)
(1) The employer shall, as regards the works listed in item (xvi) of Article 20 of the Order (excluding the sling work for a cargo lifting appliance with a limited load of 1 ton or more), place nobody in the said works other than those who fall under any of the following each item:
- (i) A person who has completed the skill training course for sling work;
- (ii) A person who has completed the training (excluding the one conducted by correspondence) of slinger training course listed in the column of training courses of Appended Table 4 of the Ordinance on the Human Resources Development and Promotion Act (the Ordinance of the Ministry of Labour No.24 of 1969), among the ability redevelopment training which is the statutory training of paragraph (1) of the Article 27 of the Human Resources Development and Promotion Act (Act No.64 of 1969).
- (iii) Other person provided by the Minister of Health, Labour and Welfare.
Article 222 (Special Education)
- (1) The employer shall, when placing a worker in the sling work for a crane, a mobile crane or a derrick with the lifting capacity of less than 1 ton, give the special education for the safety related to the said operation to the said worker.
- (2) The special education set forth in the preceding paragraph shall be conducted on the following subjects:
- (i) Knowledge on cranes, mobile cranes and derricks (hereinafter referred to as "cranes, etc.", in this Article);
- Knowledge on the dynamics necessary for sling works for cranes, etc.;
- (iii) Methods for sling works for cranes, etc.;
- (iv) Related legislation;
- (v) Sling work for cranes, etc.:
- (vi) Signals for operation of cranes, etc.
- (3) In addition to the matters prescribed in Article 37 and Article 38 of the Ordinance on Safety and Health and in the preceding two paragraphs, the Minister for Health, Labour and Welfare shall prescribe necessary matters related to the special education set forth in paragraph (1).