The Safety Ordinance for Gondola
(Ordinance of the Ministry of Labour No.35 September 30, 1972)
Chapter I General Provisions
Article 1 (Definitions)
- (1) In this Ordinance of the Ministry, the meanings of the terms listed in the following items shall be prescribed respectively in those items::
- (i) "Gondola" means the gondola set forth in item (xi) of Article 1 of the Enforcement Order of the Industrial Safety and Health Act (Cabinet Order No.318 of 1972, hereinafter referred to as "the Order");
- (ii) “Loading capacity” means:
- (a) For a gondola equipped with arms, the maximum mass capable of raising while getting personnel and/or loads onto a working floor at the least luffing angle of the arms corresponding to its structural performance, and for a gondola not equipped with arms the maximum mass capable of raising while getting personnel and/or loads onto the working floor corresponding to its structural performance;
- (b) For a gondola exclusively used for lowering function, maximum mass capable of getting personnel and/or loads onto a working floor corresponding to its structural performance.
- (iii) “Rated speed” means the maximum speed of raising while getting loads
- (iv) “Allowable lowering speed” means the maximum speed of motion of lowering while getting loads corresponding to the loading capacity onto a working floor of a gondola.